cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Anderson" <sander...@airvana.com>
Subject RE: more than one ObjEntity mapped to class problem
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:13:01 GMT
One really hacky but effective way to do this would be to override the
class loader to log where the classes are coming from - after you filter
for your package of course. You'll be able to mine a full stack trace in
addition to the actual location of the class file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Gamache [mailto:cgamache@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 3:06 PM
To: user@cayenne.apache.org
Subject: more than one ObjEntity mapped to class problem

Well, while we're working on the Cayenne 3.0M4 issue, I'm still
experiencing
this problem using Cayenne 2.0 ... I'm having a terrible time trying to
track down this problem. It's most likely in my application code, but
I'm
having a devil of a time finding it...

WARNING: com.package.MyClass.doGet [v.2.0.3 May 6 2007] Can't perform
lookup. There is more than one ObjEntity mapped to class
com.package.rdbms.UserTable

This is a tomcat application. When I start the web service, I get these
exceptions when I run a query which returns UserTable...

user = (UserTable) DataObjectUtils.*objectForQuery*(context, select);

How can I find out where Cayenne thinks all the ObjEntities are being
loaded
from so I can find the source of the contention.

Also! If I restart the tomcat enough it will eventually start and run,
which
makes me think there's a race condition somewhere, and win or loose for
one
ObjEntity means the difference between continuing to run and dying.

Please help!