cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Robert Zeigler <robert.zeig...@gmail.com>
Subject hsqldb, doubles, and precision
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 01:02:21 GMT
Hi all,

While writing some unit tests today, I found that hsqldb was choking
on a table creation statement along the lines of:

CREATE CACHED TABLE foo (bar DOUBLE(22))

A bit of research showed that this is a known issue: hsqldb doesn't
support precision on doubles.
I found some workarounds suggested here on the list (such as dropping
the precision for doubles in the modeler; dropping precision when
setting up the test environment, in code, and so forth). But I got to
wondering why there wasn't a fix at the adapter level? Shouldn't this
be something that the hsqldb adapter takes care of automatically? If
so, I'll file a jira, and will likely contribute a patch.  This is
running 3.0M4, btw.

Robert