cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: 'not an instance of declaring class' on Weblogic-Oracle
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 12:37:32 GMT
Hi Parth,

So it works under JBoss, but not under Weblogic?

I have a few suspects - (1) some nested ClassLoader nastiness (Oracle
Clob implementation is loaded more than once), and (2) DataSource
wrapping objects, so that the java.sql.Clob available to Cayenne is
not a oracle.sql.CLOB. Another thing worth checking is that the Oracle
driver versions are the same on both app servers.

Anyways, I am inclined to believe that (2) is more likely. So I
reworked the algorithm to avoid using reflection for CLOB updates
under Oracle:

https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-1085

This code is committed on trunk and should soon be available from the
Hudson server:

http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Cayenne-trunk/lastBuild/
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Cayenne-trunk/lastBuild/org.apache.cayenne$cayenne-server/

(check the build info per link above; build # should be 175 or higher).

Let me know if that fixed the problem.

Thanks,
Andrus