cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Queries order on commit.
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:35:19 GMT

On Jul 18, 2008, at 5:10 PM, Laurent Marchal wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I would like to do some DELETEs and INSERTs in one transaction, but
> since DELETE is made after the INSERTs, it deletes the fresh
> inserted values...

Yeah, weird. Could you post some sample code? Looking at your log, you
delete a dependent object from a relationship, and then readd a new
one? IMO the solution should be modifying the existing object instead
of doing delete/insert.

>   Is there a way to force cayenne to do DELETE  before all others
> operations when a commit occurs ?

The ordering algorithm is based on the changed objects graph
dependency analysis, to provide ordering consistent with FK
constraints. It does not address a scenario of object identity (PK)
disappearing and then reappearing again. There is probably a way to
customize it (although likely not an easy one), but I still feel like
this is not a valid case.

Andrus