cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Francois Eyl <f...@smaeur.com>
Subject Re: Unique persistent object and caching issue
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 21:43:30 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm working with Laurent on the same project and we have a strange
behavior with this architecture.

Lets say, we have our MASTER and MASTER_AUX tables, also the right
relationship between them.

We've set the database up as read only to simulate a database write error.

When we ask cayenne to update record in MASTER and insert some in
MASTER_AUX an error occurs (because of read only db), which is normal.
Here we ask for a rollback on the data context. MASTER's record get
rolled back and new MASTER_AUX objects get transient state (which is
normal).

But the strange thing is the following, when we ask to MASTER its
MASTER_AUX objects (by the relationship), cayenne returns all MASTER_AUX
objects even the transients.

This the problem with this behavior cause that on the next commit all
transient MASTER_AUX object wont be committed to the database.

Is it a normal behavior ?

BTW - we are using cayenne 3.0M4

Thanks

Francois