cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Lachlan Deck <lachlan.d...@gmail.com>
Subject NamedQuery / SQLTemplate + using Expressions
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 07:12:05 GMT
Hi there,

(question related to ROP)

say I've got an Expression (whether complex or otherwise) and I want
to utilise that Expression in a NamedQuery or SQLTemplate... what's
the easiest way to transform the expression to an sql equivalent
string? (i.e., such that, e.g.,, boolean values are transformed to
their db equivalent (e.g., from say true to 1), dates are formatted
appropriately etc, comparison operators are transformed (e.g., != to
<>) etc.

I see that there's a QueryAssembler and QualifierTranslator etc, but
what I'm looking for, I guess, is a something like
expression.toSQLString(baseEntity).

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

with regards,