cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Peak memory usage for Cayenne
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:26:46 GMT
We thought about automatically swapping out pages from the
IncrementalFaultList as it is getting filled. At the time we had
doubts about the efficiency of algorithms under consideration in all
different circumstances where pagination might be used. Now that I
mentioned weak references, this can be another algorithm for dealing
with it - store each "page" as a weak reference, so once its objects
stop being referenced, it will become a candidate for gc...

Andrus