cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Elena Doyle" <ed...@admin.cam.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Configuring SSL
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:39:57 GMT
Andrus,

Many thanks for this. Due to bussiness needs I need to write a custom one. As I am mostly
a database
and PL/SQL person, is the source code of the standard Cayenne data factory available anywhere.
could not find it in the repository.

Many thanks

Elena

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrus Adamchik [mailto:andrus@objectstyle.org]
Sent: 16 June 2008 15:57
To: user@cayenne.apache.org
Subject: Re: Configuring SSL

Hi Elena,

IIRC, Oracle is the only database that wouldn't allow user properties to be appended to the
DB URL
(the approach I am using in similar situations for all other DB's). Unless the parenthesis
notation
allows to pass this property somehow (?), you have two choices:

1. ("easy") Switch to JNDI DataSource factory, and configure your Oracle driver at the web
container
level, which hopefully provides a way to set properties:

http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/using-jndi.html

2. ("harder") Write a custom DataSourceFactory. I mentioned this approach answering an unrelated
question in a recent thread:

  http://markmail.org/message/ndv6534d2edj43rv

One possible strategy for a custom implementation is a factory that instantiates a commons-dbcp
BasicDataSource based on some properties
file:

  http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/apidocs/org/apache/commons/dbcp/BasicDataSource.html

Andrus