cayenne-user mailing list archives

From JGL <jgl...@gmail.com>
Subject Newbie question about to-many ordered list
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 01:30:43 GMT
Hi All,

I recently discovered Cayenne while searching for an alternative for
Hibernate.
I am very impressed with the easy & intuitive framework Cayenne provides.

While porting my current Hibernate app to Cayenne, I did run into an issue
which I'd like to seek your help:
In Hibernate, the M side of 1-M relationship can be mapped as a list, which
means it's ordered. I can specify the list-index column like this:

<class name="Item" table="ITEM">
<list name="bids">
<key column="ITEM_ID" not-null="true"/>
<list-index column="BID_POSITION"/>
<one-to-many class="Bid"/>
</list>
</class>

and the BID_POSITION is automatically managed by the framework.

Is there any 'list index column' equivalent in Cayenne? How can I ask the
framework to manage the list index ? or do I have to manage it by myself?

Thanks very much!!