cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Wiesmann <awiesm...@somap.org>
Subject Re: QueryTable / Non-persisted DataObject [Was: Questions about Ordering, Optimistic Locking and QueryTable]
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 19:40:25 GMT
On Mon, 19 May 2008 11:07:11 -0400
"Mike Kienenberger" <mkienenb@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not really sure why you don't use a regular java bean object to do
> this.

Because of the base class. I don't want to have my renderer check the
class to decide how to handle it. What I could try would be to subclass
from DataObject without having any info in the DataMap. Not sure how
Cayenne would like that though.

> However, I believe you could create a DataMap for all of these objects
> in a separate DataNode.   You don't have to create a table for them in
> the database.

That could be a solution. Ugly, but still working.

> You might even be able to get away with having them in the same
> DataMap, provided you don't try to update/insert/delete them during a
> commit.   There's no requirement that you create an actual table on
> the database unless you execute sql accessing that table.

Yes, I thought something like that. But still an ugly solution...

Cheers,
Adrian