cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Lattermann <dl...@alqualonde.de>
Subject SelectQuery and new objects
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 19:16:42 GMT
Hello list,

as small first steps (again) with Cayenne, I created some data objects
via DataContext's newObject(MyDataObject.class). Then, without
committing, I created an unqualified SelectQuery to fetch all objects of
class MyDataObject. Executing it on the DataContext, only objects from
the database are included in the returned list.

Is this expected? I couldn't find something explicit in the docs. To my
understanding, running the query on the DataContext should return all
objects known to it, even if they aren't in the database yet. This would
be like uncommitted data in a database session, which is visible for
queries in this same session.

Thank you.
Dirk