cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tore Halset <hal...@pvv.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: Deadlock between commitChanges and snapshotsUpdatedForObjects
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 09:14:34 GMT
On 19. mai. 2008, at 09.20, Martin Thelian wrote:

> thank you for the hints. I'll try the patch. Are there any pitfalls
> when
> using this patch?

No pitfalls that I have found. It solved the problem for us. We used
it in production for some time before we moved to a 3.0 milestone that
had the patch built in.

After applying the patch our slow MS SQL Server got beaten ever more
by our application as the database had to handle several commits in
parallel. After moving over to PostgreSQL, things are a lot smoother.

Regards,
  - Tore.