cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@ish.com.au>
Subject Re: Cayenne and JAX-WS / JAXB
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 08:19:44 GMT

On 27/05/2008, at 9:51 AM, Jon Sharp wrote:

> We are using Cayenne 3.0M3 for ORM in our project and are exposing
> this database using SOAP Web Services.  We're using the latest Sun
> Metro stack (1.2), consisting of the JAX-WS and JAXB frameworks.

I don't know much yet about these technologies, so I'm curious about
what you are doing. Are you using them in a client/server ROP scenario
in place of Hessian for serialising objects, or is this in place of
something like Axis to provide SOAP services to an unrelated system
which doesn't have access to the Cayenne data map?

Cheers
Ari

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001