cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Robert Zeigler <robe...@puregumption.com>
Subject Re: Paging in web application
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 08:27:49 GMT
Typically, you're just going to use a paginated query:
SelectQuery q = new SelectQuery(Artist.class);
q.setPageSize(50);//triggers the pagination.

You can get the size of the result set without faulting every (or any)
object in it, jump to specific objects w/in the query (and only fault
the "neighboring" objects on the same page), etc.
This works well for most things.  With the recent performances
improvements in 3.0, this works wonderfully for a large portion of use
cases out there.
You can also use setFetchLimit to limit the # of results returned.
Unfortunately, there's no corresponding "setOffset" method.  But you
can use SQLTemplate to accomplish the task, if you really need it.

Robert