cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: How to propoerly close context db connection
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 08:47:26 GMT
Hi Colin,

Cayenne internal cache state is in no way related to the connection
state - it can survive closing connections, etc. If you are connecting
to a separate DB process, Cayenne cache management techniques (as
mentioned by Marcin, and what you found in the docs), is the only
thing you need to know.

Embedded DB's add a whole other dimension to that by keeping committed
data in memory at the driver level - something Cayenne is not aware
of. So anything you do with "clearCache" or RefreshQuery, etc.,
affects Cayenne cache, and not the embedded DB JDBC layer. So here
you'd need to read the embedded DB docs (is that Derby, HSQL, H2?) and
see what they recommend to do in such situation. There maybe a SQL
query that would shutdown/reopen the file, or something else (like
restarting the DataSource).

Andrus