cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Borut Bolčina" <borut.bolc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3-tier architecture
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 23:06:22 GMT
2008/3/13, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>:

> On Mar 13, 2008, at 1:44 AM, Borut Bolčina wrote:
>
> > Wouldn't this feature push Cayenne more into enterprise league?
> > It seems nobody is using Cayenne in the middle tier and pass data
> > objects to presentation tier. If this would work transparently, it
> > would save a lot of manual work coding DTOs and merging to/from them
> > to/from
> > data objects.
>

> The first sentence of the quoted text (unintentionally?) sounds like
> FUD. The rest is _mostly_ accurate.

Of course it is unintentionally! Can you please write a tutorial on advanced
usage of Cayenne? That would include patterns and best practices on how to
implement and configure 3-tier architecture without the missing rmi
client-server services.

We can develop some scenarios, describe them, draw them and prepare source
templates for people to start with.

Cheers,
Borut

P.S. I am interested in what is _mostly_ accurate, or better yet, what is
not.

Andrus