cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Expressions & objects state
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 11:52:42 GMT

On Mar 1, 2008, at 1:27 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

>> I know i can do this using 'db:' prefix, but this is not a solution
>> for me, because i'm using ROP and 'db:' do not work on client since
>> DBEntities are not being sent through hessian. So how i can create
>> such queries (note than i prefer using SelectQuery, because there
>> might be other qualifiers in my expression)??

I'd say other qualifiers won't do much if you a matching on a PK
(except for excluding an object that matched a PK, but not some other
condition, which you can do in memory too)... Still if you want to use
a SelectQuery, you can still do it. While there are no DbEntities on
the client, "db:xyz" expressions can still be created and passed to
the server. This should work with ROP.

Andrus