cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Google Summer of Code 2008
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:50:38 GMT
Any students out there? Google Summer of Code program starting now
[1]. We (myself as a formal mentor, and other committers informally)
will be mentoring at least one project [2] this year, so it is a
chance for a student to:

* participate in a fun Apache open source project
* make a contribution to Cayenne that will be used by a large number
of people worldwide
* earn $4500 in 3 months and a T-shirt ;-)

You are free to suggest your own project ideas in addition to the one
I posted [2], but be aware that we'd like to mentor projects that can
be included in Cayenne right away, and would not require a dedicated
support person after the end of the GSoC (so it has to be in line with
our immediate development goals). For instance "implement a missing
JPA feature XYZ" is a project idea we are likely to mentor, while
"implement NetBeans plugin for Cayenne" is not.

As a reminder - formal application submission period starts on March 24.

Feel free to ask questions on this and the dev lists.

Cheers,
Andrus

[1] http://code.google.com/soc/2008/
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2008#cayenne-modeler-improvements