cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Pardeike ...@fsys.se>
Subject Re: Handling uncommitted objects with relations? (3.0M3)
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:33:38 GMT
On 20 mar 2008, at 10.19, Marcin Skladaniec wrote:

> I might be wrong, but why you just create the Basket and the
> relationship to Book and don't commit the context until the user
> logs in ? :
>
> on adding item:
> Basket row = _context.newObject(Basket.class);
> row.addToBooks(someBook);
>
> on successful login:
> row.setUser(someUser);
> _context.commitChanges();
>
> If you need to store the selected Basket items before the user logs
> in, to allow the user to quit shopping and return later you can do
> that using isbn(s) and cookie(s).

Maybe I was unclear. BASKET reflects a read/write database where I
store my basket rows. But BOOKS is on a second database server
(read-only) and i.e. holds the correlation isbn->title.

All I want to do is to not store 'title' in basket but have cayenne
fetch it (preferable lazy) when I need to display the content of
the shopping basket. I.e. at the time I add a row to the basket in
my web project, I only have the isbn, nothing else.

/Andreas Pardeike