cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Mary-Anne Wolf <...@mocasystems.com>
Subject No DataMap found, can't route query
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 21:02:42 GMT
I am just starting to use Cayenne.  After successfully reverse
engineering a database and generating Java classes, I have written this
minimal program

        DataContext context = DataContext.createDataContext();
        SelectQuery q = new SelectQuery(Mocauser.class);
        List list = context.performQuery(q);
        System.out.println(list.size());
    }

When I run this code in Eclipse, I get this Exception stack:
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.cayenne.CayenneRuntimeException:
[v.2.0.4 October 8 2007] No DataMap found, can't route query
org.apache.cayenne.query.SelectQuery@43462851[root=class
com.mocasystems.apui.db.Mocauser,name=<null>]
    at org.apache.cayenne.query.AbstractQuery.route(AbstractQuery.java:137)
    at org.apache.cayenne.query.SelectQuery.route(SelectQuery.java:171)
    at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainQueryAction.runQuery(DataDomainQueryAction.java:292)
    at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainQueryAction.access$000(DataDomainQueryAction.java:60)
    at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainQueryAction$1.transform(DataDomainQueryAction.java:273)
    at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain.runInTransaction(DataDomain.java:836)
    at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainQueryAction.runQueryInTransaction(DataDomainQueryAction.java:270)
    at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomainQueryAction.execute(DataDomainQueryAction.java:110)
    at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain.onQuery(DataDomain.java:746)
    at
org.apache.cayenne.util.ObjectContextQueryAction.runQuery(ObjectContextQueryAction.java:217)
    at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextQueryAction.execute(DataContextQueryAction.java:54)
    at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.onQuery(DataContext.java:1395)
    at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.performQuery(DataContext.java:1384)
    at com.mocasystems.apui.Main.main(Main.java:19)

My two XML files, currently named cayenne.xml and UntitledMap.map.xml
are in a config directory which I have listed in Eclipse as a source
directory.  This means that the cayenne.xml file, at least, can be
found, because it is on the classpath.

I have verified that the name of the map file is accurately listed in
cayenne.xml.
<domains project-version="2.0">
  <domain name="UntitledDomain">
    <map name="UntitledMap" location="UntitledMap.map.xml"/>
  </domain>
</domains>

Can anyone give me some help about how the map file is supposed to be
found, and what might cause my problem in finding the map file?

Thanks,

Mary-Anne