cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Pierre Gilquin" <pgilq...@bluewin.ch>
Subject Re: Re[2]: Child context for Web App
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2008 10:02:40 GMT

> I haven't actually ever used the 'localObject' method. I mean you can work with nested
context the same way as with
> parent (global) one, i.e:

It seems to me that if you want to make relations between objects, they have to be in the
same context.
My idea is to have my list of objects in the parent context for display. For isolation purpose,
I need
create/update/delete operations in a particular session/childContext.

Do I have to make all these object's conversions (from parent to child context and back) or
is there a shortcut ?

I can thing of a very bad one. After every commit, reload the list of objects in the parent
context at the app level.

Thanks for any idea

Pierre