cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Gentry" <blackn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cayenne and Spring (a Hibernate inspired question)
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:29:09 GMT
It is my experience that Cayenne handles lazy relationships (faults)
very well -- just keep your objects/data context/etc around.  As soon
as a fault is triggered, Cayenne will get a (pooled) connection to the
database, do what it needs, then return the connection.  When I was
subscribed to the Tapestry mailing list, that question would literally
arise every 1-3 weeks with people thinking it was a Tapestry problem
when in fact it is a Hibernate problem.  (I recently attended a
Hibernate training class and that was one of the topics.)  In my
Tapestry+Cayenne application it was never an issue and it was abusive
on lazy relationships.  The only thing I had to overcome was Tapestry
4 serializing my CayenneDataObjects to the HTML as hidden fields.
Once I figured that out, it worked fine.

/dev/mrg