cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Gentry" <blackn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cayenne and Spring (a Hibernate inspired question)
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:15:49 GMT
When I used Cayenne with a Tapestry application, I stored a
DataContext off in the session (so it was persistent across
request/response loops) and I could use it to handle objects I needed
to track from page-to-page (or even to the same page, but in a
different request/response loop).  This is what you are talking about,
I think, with "long-running session."  The only trickery I had to do
was tell Tapestry to stop serializing my Cayenne objects into the HTML
because on the next request/response loop, Tapestry would deserialize
those objects and you'd have a Cayenne object not attached to the
original DataContext.  Once I told Tapestry to leave Cayenne alone, it
worked much better for me.

Robert Ziegler showed how you can add sort orderings to your query.

/dev/mrg