cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Polino" <alu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: questions
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:08:23 GMT
On Feb 13, 2008 2:36 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2008, at 1:48 PM, Eric Polino wrote:
> > 1.  How do I count the rows of a query, without actually doing a full
> > blown SelectQuery and counting the elements?  ie: select count(*) from
> > table;
>
> For aggregate queries I suggest EJBQLQuery (only available in 3.0)...
> It uses the same approach of joins expressed as relationships as
> SelectQuery, only it also allows aggregate expressions. E.g.:
>
>     EJBQLQuery query = new EJBQLQuery("select count(a) from Artist a
> WHERE a.artistName like 'X%'");
>     Number count = (Number) DataObjectUtils.objectForQuery(query);

Cool, but we've been having trouble upgrading to 3.0 (we're on 2.0).
Short of upgrading for this feature, any suggestions on what we can do
in 2.0?

--
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they
are free."

"Freedom is living without government coercion."
                   --Ron Paul (www.ronpaul2008.com)