cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@ish.com.au>
Subject Re: ROP listener semantics
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 22:27:54 GMT

On 27/02/2008, at 5:20 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> This is actually a separate issue from callbacks/listeners. And we
> need to fix it .. badly... The object diff exchange protocol
> supports sending server-side changes back to the client (and in fact
> we are using that - for generated primary keys), but we also need to
> capture and send back the changes that happened to objects as a
> result of callbacks. IMO this is a major task that we'd rather do
> sooner than later.

This would be very useful. Right now we have quite a lot of code which
sets objects to hollow after commit, in order to get fresh copies of
the data from the server with callback changes included. But it is
easy to make a mistake and forget.

Ari Maniatis

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001