cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@ish.com.au>
Subject Re: Imports
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 04:16:42 GMT

On 18/02/2008, at 2:07 PM, Malcolm Edgar wrote:

> Is there a way in Cayenne, possibly using Transactions, that we can
> perform this import, do inserts and queries against the transaction
> and only commit/rollback at the end?

Subclass the Cayenne context, override performQuery and add in your
own custom code there to look for new objects within the context?
There is almost certainly a way to have a database transaction cross
several Cayenne commits as well, but I can't assist there.

In fact we've done this several times in our application and I was
just thinking the other day whether this might be an option in a new
generified performQuery and might be useful to be pushed into Cayenne.

Ari Maniatis

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001