cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Migrate from Hibernate3 to Cayenne :) ?
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2008 18:27:13 GMT
> How similar is the Cayenne JPA annotation pack to the EJB3/
> Hibernate3 ?

JPA is a subset of EJB3 spec. So the annotations are EJB3. Our
implementation of the JPA provider is still in alpha though.

>> I would like to know if
>> there's a trick to quickly
>> migrate a Hibernate3 application to Cayenne(can be JPA too).

That depends on the application. I don't think there is a single
answer that fits all cases. My feeling is that migration of the
mapping and persistent objects should be more or less straightforward.
The rest depends on how the UI/Service layers are coded.

Andrus