cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Robert Zeigler <robe...@puregumption.com>
Subject on hibernate vs. cayenne
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:47:02 GMT
Since we've been on the topic of hibernate and cayenne... I had a
question for those cayenne users who have used hibernate.
On the tapestry user list, there's been some discussion lately about
generic edit pages for objects.  Most recently, a user mentioned
having 30 entities and thus having 30 edit pages.  The user was
wondering if there was some way to have a single edit page for all of
those entities.  I have an app right now with about 20 user-editable
entities.  The "view" page for all of these entities is the same.  The
"edit" page for all of these entities is the same.  Note also that
this includes sorting, and the view table does interesting things like
filtering, sorting, links between objects in relationships, etc.  All
of this is possible largely due to cayenne's rich support of object
meta-data, with lots of information about properties and relationships.

So my question is: does hibernate make the same amount of metatdata
available that cayenne does?

Robert