cayenne-user mailing list archives

From David Marko <dma...@tiscali.cz>
Subject Re: CayenneObjectManager - alternative API for using Apache Cayenne
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:23:40 GMT
I just read both links. I think that having some concept, that avoids using DAO
schema, would be very good. For most web applications DAO is just overhead and
require to write large infrastructure. Would be good to have flexibility of
ActiveRecord or Django ORM for many solutions where just 5 tables are involved
and developer need to design application in quick way. My implementation came
from https://activeobjects.dev.java.net/ . Author here creates entire ORM from
scratch, I rather prefer ot use existing ORM(like Cayenne) and just create
alternative API above.

BTW: I think this is why people enjoy using GORM in Grails. GORM is just higher
layer over Hibernate implemented in Groovy. People ussualy cry when using
Hibernate in JAVA but praise GORM which stays over Hibernate. So good API matters.

David