cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Menard" <kmen...@servprise.com>
Subject ROP listener semantics
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:38:43 GMT
Forgive the simplistic nature of this question, but I want to verify my
understanding of listeners.

If a server entity has a pre-persist listener and the corresponding
client entity does as well, then both listeners will be executed, with
the server called first?  Moreover, any modifications made at the server
level will be reflected back in the client?

The simple case at hand is to update a date creation field.  I have to
have this listener in the server because objects can be created over
there.  I thought I needed to duplicate this logic for the client as
well, but after stepping through the debugger, I don't think I have to.

Thanks,
Kevin

--
Kevin Menard