cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Colin Bankier <colinbank...@hotmail.com>
Subject Specifying connection URL at runtime?
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:31:28 GMT

Hi,
I'm new to cayenne, and am hoping it will prove to be the silver bullet I've
been waiting for after much frustration with TopLink, Hibernate and the
like!

I'd like to know how I can specify the location of my database (ie the
connection URL) at runtime in code rather than in the driver.xml file.
 This is because this is to be used in a desktop app using embedded derby
where the location of the database will vary across different installations.
I would also, for example, need to be able to allow the user to browse for
the database location, then use that path to open a connection to the
database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers,
Colin Bankier.