cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Alexander Lamb (dev)" <al...@mac.com>
Subject Raising an exception in a callback
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:45:07 GMT
Hello List,

I want to prevent a delete of an object if certain attributes have
certain values (e.g. do not delete an invoice which has already been
sent).

I registered the callback in the Modeler. Works fine.

I do my test in the callback function I defined, it works fine.

Except that to "stop" the delete, I raise a RuntimeException (I don't
see any other way). It works and is catched by the delete. However I
do not get my exception, but an exception Cayenne has generated.

What is the correct way to raise an exception and transfer up the
correct error message?

Thanks,

Alex