cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Adam Yocum <adamyo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Join over Multiple Database
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:38:12 GMT
Hi Tore,

  Thanks, that did it.  now all my queries include the database name in the call and the relationships
across databases seem to work.  Of course if I ever split the DBs up over different servers
their might be trouble, but that's not going to happen so this is great.

  thanks again!
  Adam

Tore Halset <halset@pvv.ntnu.no> wrote:
  On Jan 23, 2008, at 4:15 , Adam Yocum wrote:

> I know that Cayenne will not allow me to do this sort of join even
> though technically the server can do it if you explicitly name all
> the tables involved with a database prefix like the above example.

I though it should be possible to use the DbEntity schema for the
"database prefix" and then have all the DbEntities in the same map.
Have you tried it?

- Tore.