cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Join over Multiple Database
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:27:14 GMT
I have multiple databases, organized by DataMaps all in the same data
domain.  As long as the Oracle permissions are set up correctly, and
the schema name is specified, then there's no issues with queries or
updates across multiple databases in the same DataContext commit.

It's not a requirement to have the tables in the same Map, only the same Domain.

On 1/23/08, Adam Yocum <adamyocum@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Tore,
>
>   Thanks, that did it.  now all my queries include the database name in the call and
the relationships across databases seem to work.  Of course if I ever split the DBs up over
different servers their might be trouble, but that's not going to happen so this is great.