cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: jpa provider
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 21:03:47 GMT
Hi,

On Jan 3, 2008, at 5:09 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2008, at 10:02 PM, Gilberto C Andrade wrote:
>
>>> <phase>process-classes</phase>
>>>   <configuration>
>>>                                    <tasks>
>>>                                        <java
>>> classname="org.apache.cayenne.enhancer.Enhancer"
>>>
>>> classpathref="maven.runtime.classpath"
>>>                                              dir="target/classes"
>>> fork="true" />
>>>                                    </tasks>
>>>                                </configuration>
>
> This certainly won't work cause there's no such ant task in
> Cayenne. OpenJPA in this example seems to be doing the enhancement
> right after compilation instead of runtime.

OpenJPA can run in multiple modes:

1. Enhance as part of building the application's jar file. There are
Eclipse, ant, and maven plugins for this purpose (sure about the
maven part; not as sure about the Eclipse and ant plugins)
2. Enhance during class loading via Java agent specified on the java
command line
3. Enhance during deployment class loading via Java EE integration
callback
4. Don't enhance but use reflection at runtime.

Craig

> We will likely provide a similar task at some point, but this
> shouldn't really change how enhancer operates (i.e. if it has bugs,
> those won't go away if we do enhancement at a different point).
>
> Andrus

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!