cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Databinding library released
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 20:55:24 GMT
Hi Florijan,

Nice work.

Cayenne ROP (http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/remote-object-persistence-guide.html
) is the remoting technology that allows to do things similar to
JavaClient, although it deals exclusively with persistent objects
remoting, leaving the task of binding data to a UI up to the coder.

Now a bindings framework can go a long way in making Swing usable. I
took a shot at creating one a few years ago, but that effort got
canceled due to the lack of time. I am glad somebody else did it for
me :-) It would be interesting to hear how that works with Cayenne
(ROP, or just straight client-server Swing app).

Cheers,
Andrus