cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Álvaro Martínez <alvaro_marti...@ptbsl.com>
Subject Selective commit
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 12:44:06 GMT

Hi, I've been working for a while with Cayenne but never realized I had
a problem... until I got a weird exception.

The fact is that I had been using context.newObject() and
context.commitChanges() to create new rows in the database. But my
application works with many threads, so global commits can (and in fact
do) interrupt normal creation of objects. Thread A and Thread B are
creating objects and filling their fields, but then B commits all and A
throws a validation exception because mandatory fields are missing.

How could I commit only one object?

Thanks,

Álvaro from Spain (Push the button Inc.)