cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Adam Yocum <adamyo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Join over Multiple Database
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:30:53 GMT
Yes, I did not have to move all the Objects to the same Map.  Just had to set the DB Schema
setting for the DB Entities so that it prefixes with the DB name and MySQL is handling the
queries fine now.

  Adam

Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com> wrote:
  I have multiple databases, organized by DataMaps all in the same data
domain. As long as the Oracle permissions are set up correctly, and
the schema name is specified, then there's no issues with queries or
updates across multiple databases in the same DataContext commit.

It's not a requirement to have the tables in the same Map, only the same Domain.

On 1/23/08, Adam Yocum wrote:
> Hi Tore,
>
> Thanks, that did it. now all my queries include the database name in the call and the
relationships across databases seem to work. Of course if I ever split the DBs up over different
servers their might be trouble, but that's not going to happen so this is great.