cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Adam Yocum <adamyo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Example Project for ROP on Glassfish using Netbeans 6.0
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 22:50:01 GMT
Hi,

  Here is a link to an example project for ROP on Glassfish using the Netbeans 6.0 IDE's integrated
Glassfish server...

  http://www.spotted-lizard.com/online/J2EENetbeansCayenne.zip

  Instructions to run....

  This example will not work if you set up Glassfish on any port other that the default 8080

  Download latest Netbeans 6.0 full bundle that includes the Glassfish web server and Java
DB, the database engine used for the example.

  Install Netbeans.

  Unzip zip file provided at link above somewhere.

  Open all three projects inside the folder created...

  First Right Click and 'Run' the project named CayenneWebApp
  This will deploy and start the Cayenne Hessian Servlet.

  Wait until it starts a Web browser window with a message in it.

  Now Right Click and 'Run' the project named CayenneClientAPI
  This runs a very small client app that outputs some info from the Sample Travel database
included with netbeans.  I created the API classes just by reverse engineering the sample
DB. :) using Cayenne Modeler.

  This example is not to show how to use Cayenne features, but only how to set up ROP on Glassfish.

  I have this setup working with a remote Glassfish server running on linux for hosting some
software for running a screen printing business, anyone ever get t shirts made for Cayenne
yet?  I can help with that, just ask.  Or go to spottedlizardprinting.com to check it out.

  It was very easy to install on the remote server using netbeans services to admin the server
right from inside netbeans.

  Use of the Java DB (Derby) was because it was there and ready to go with install of netbeans.
 I use MySQL on the remote server.  It links together a php web app with a t shirt design
studio and the backend order system.  The client for the business software is all JDBC mixed
with some generated classes I made with a ORM tool I custom developed (nothing special) running
inside Netbeans Platform, but I will be switching to Cayenne now for the data persistence.

  Thanks,
  Adam