cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Relationship inspection
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2007 11:52:35 GMT
There's no direct API to achieve that, but you can still figure it
from mapping metadata. Check whether a DbAttribute on the to-many side
of the relationship (i.e. the foreign key) allows null. There are a
few exceptions from this rule [1], but generally this should be an
indicator of whether a given to-one is optional.

You can get access to the mapping metadata in runtime via
context.getEntityResolver().

Andrus

[1] http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/lists/cayenne-user/2007/11/0097.html