cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Menard" <kmen...@servprise.com>
Subject RE: CayenneContext thread safe?
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:50:14 GMT
Looking in more detail, the problem is with the graphAction field in
CayenneContext.  There's a note about it being thread safe, so my guess
is that it's just a bad assumption about when the ThreadLocal value
(arcChangeInProgress) is available.

--
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Menard [mailto:kmenard@servprise.com]
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 9:14 AM
To: user@cayenne.apache.org
Subject: CayenneContext thread safe?

Is CayenneContext thread safe?  I'm not trying to any sort of concurrent
access with it, but I am passing it around via HttpSession, so it's
being
accessed by whatever thread the servlet happens to be executing in.  I'm
running into issues with ThreadLocal values being null and am wondering
if
it's a local bug or if I'm just trying to use CayenneContext for
something
which it was not designed.

Thanks,
Kevin