cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Adam Yocum <adamyo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Setting Default Values for Entities
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:30:29 GMT
Hi,

  Can anyone suggest how I might get this simple query to return me results using Cayenne
and ROP.  I am using 3.0M2, and I need something like this MySQL metadata query...

  'SHOW columns FROM tablename'

  The fields returned are 'Field', 'Type', 'Null', 'Key', 'Default', and 'Extra'

  I want to loop through the results and set the entity property for each 'Field' to 'Default',
except the PK of course.

  Our database spec has no NULLs in the entire DB, every field is NOT NULL with a DEFAULT
value that varies depending on what type of field and other business logic.

  If there is some way to do this using Cayenne's metadata abilities I'm all ears!

  Thanks,
  Adam