cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Lepine" <mikelep...@gmail.com>
Subject DataObjectUtils.objectForPK
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:55:23 GMT
I noticed that the convenience methods in the DataObjectUtils class only
execute a query if the object is not already cached. Is there a way to force
the methods to issue a query to the database? I've included an excerpt of
the javadocs for 2.0 below.

public static DataObject
<http://cayenne.apache.org/doc20/api/cayenne/org/apache/cayenne/DataObject.html>
*objectForPK*(ObjectContext
<http://cayenne.apache.org/doc20/api/cayenne/org/apache/cayenne/ObjectContext.html>
context,
                                     java.lang.Class dataObjectClass,
                                     java.lang.Object pk)

 Returns an object matching an Object primary key. If the object is mapped
to use a compound PK, CayenneRuntimeException is thrown.

If this object is already cached in the ObjectStore, it is returned without
a query. Otherwise a query is built and executed against the database.
Thanks for the help.

- Mike