cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tarik <cher...@gmail.com>
Subject Some design questions
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:57:54 GMT
Hi,

I have been trying the cayenne ROP features and am considering using it for
a project which requires multiple (swing) clients to connect to an
application server.  I have got it to work for a simple example.  Now I have
some more design questions.

- Can a client app register to listen for changes on server object?  Since
there will be multiple clients, I want changes made by one client to appear
on the others without them having to refresh.
- I will need to create a number of JTables with data coming from the
server.  Has anyone done some labor-saving work around automatically
displaying cayenne object data in a JTable? (It would be awesome if it
allowed traversing associations, adding /removing columns / applying
filters, etc.)
- What kind of locking does data context provide?  say i have two threads
updating an object and one commits first and stales the object.  What will
happen when the second thread tries to commit.
- Is there a know throughput limit in terms of transactions per second with
the hessian web service?

Thank you,