cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Marcin Skladaniec <mar...@ish.com.au>
Subject relationship query and entity qualifier
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 00:45:41 GMT
Hi

I have problems with entity qualifier and relationships. I defined
"isDeleted" column in few tables, and when the record is deleted is
not really removed from the database. In cayenne modeller I specified
a entity qualifier to not include those deleted objects in any query,
but I found that it does not always work:

For one to many relation:
- entity qualifier works well when going "to many"
- entity qualifier does not work  when going "to one"
For one to one relations it does not work at all.

I know that I could simply delete the relationship, but the goal is to
avoid orphaned objects, and keep the history.

Is it a bug in cayenne, or a desired behaviour ?

With regards
Marcin