cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne 3.0M2 for Production
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:25:26 GMT
Yeah... Previously existing API that was not marked for deprecation
should remain fairly stable. Runtime, while undergoing a number of
changes, is still production quality. I am using it on a very active
live site...

Essentially the biggest risk is that the _new_ API introduced during
3.0 development cycle is not extensively tested just yet, and will be
changing. So upgrades between milestones may not be just jar
replacement. Here is one example - lifecycle callbacks. M3 will
introduce CayenneModeler support for callbacks for the first time, but
will also have changes to the manual callback API (using enums instead
of int callback types).

Andrus