cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Jan Lendholt <jlendh...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Deletion of obejcts
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 20:11:54 GMT
Well, what would be the right rule for me?

I want - if booking recordset is deleted - to delete everything in extras.
If a recordset in extras is deleted, I simply want the row to be deleted. That works perfectly
- but the object graph seems not get updated :/

> Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:08:38 -0500
> Subject: Re: Deletion of obejcts
> From: kmenard@servprise.com
> To: user@cayenne.apache.org
>
> Hi Jan,
>
> On 11/19/07 1:48 PM, "Jan Lendholt" <jlendholt@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The relationship is from booking to Extras one to many (1-n entries in Extra
> > for one booking entry).
> > I've set both relationships with delete rule to nullify.
>
> Are you sure that's correct?  It would seem to me that you would want to
> cascade in one direction and do nothing in the other.  I.e., you would
> probably want to delete all extras (cascade) if the Booking is deleted, but
> do nothing if an Extra is deleted.
>
> --
> Kevin Menard
> Servprise International, Inc.
> Remote reboot & power control for network equipment
> www.servprise.com              +1 508.892.3823 x308

Die neue Version vom Windows Live Messenger ist da!
http://get.live.com/messenger/overview