cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Replace Objects in a Database?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:14:28 GMT
In the nearest future we'll be adding a "merge" method to the
DataContext that would do exactly what you described here - reattach
an already persistent and possibly modified object to the context. For
now the closest analog is "localObject", but it will require some
hacking. A reattach method may look like this:

void reattach(Persistent object) {
     // force "modified" on the object
     object.setPersistenceState(PersistenceState.MODIFIED);
     context.localObject(object.getObjectId(), object);
}

This will do the right thing for objects not changed, but WILL NOT do
the right thing for the newly inserted objects.

Andrus