cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@ish.com.au>
Subject Re: Cayenne and Axis 2
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2007 04:07:15 GMT

On 24/11/2007, at 1:56 PM, Richie Alford wrote:

> How does Cayenne work with Axis 2? Can you deploy web services in
> Axis 2 that use Cayenne as the ORM framework? If so, can you provide
> me with an overview of how you deploy this? Or does Cayenne have its
> own web service engine?

Please just post to one list, not both. The user list is appropriate
here.

What is it you are wanting to do with Axis? If you are trying to
create a three tier structure, then read up about ROP and Cayenne's
integration with Hessian (which is a bit like SOAP only simpler,
faster and easier to use).

Otherwise, it is pretty simple to copy the data you want between
Cayenne objects which persist to a database and your SOAP entities
which you transport with Axis. I think they will need to be separate
classes since they have their own different super classes, although
I've only used Axis 1, not 2.

Ari Maniatis

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001