cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Phoenix Hawk" <phoenixh...@gmail.com>
Subject Populating JTable and JList with data
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 03:03:06 GMT
Hi there...

Background: using Cayenne 2.0.3 with NetBeans 5.5.1 (JDK 1.5) on Windows XP
SP2...
I have used the Cayenne Modeler to perform a reverse engineering on my
existing database following the online tutorial.

I am new to the java programming "model", previously I am doing C/C++, perl,
php, tcl/tk, I have to pickup Java myself to do a prototype...

My task is to read data from a MSSQL 2005 database and display it on a Java
desktop application. There is no need to put any data back ( *whew* ) which
is also why I did not want to use iBatis or Hibernate (they are too heavy, I
feel)... :)

I am stuck at how I can display the results of my query (which I am able to
print on the debugging console using System.out.println) on the application.

Does anyone have a code snippet or a link (I have looked at the Cayenne
petstore, examples on the wiki, but none of them have what I want, or maybe
I do not understand enough Java) that shows how the results of a query can
be used to populate a JTable and a JList? Or maybe there is a better way
instead of using JTable or JList?

I would be very grateful for any advice or pointers... I think I'm at the
limit of my learning capacity after 3 days of intensive searching/learning,
my brains feel like they are not mine anymore... :P

Thank you very much... :)

pH